Smoke Creatives is looking for a self-starting intern. It’s a paid internship that could turn permanent for the right person.
- 9 months (minimum)
- Flexible working
- Immediate start
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Dear Future Intern,
So you’ve come to replace me. I can’t say I’m not bitter. Throughout my time at Smoke, I’ve had a great time and never hated a Monday.
What is Smoke Creatives? In short, Smoke is a creative agency that creates culturally relevant content for causes. We do this so that charities can stay connected with their audiences in ways that are interesting and engaging. We’re best known for our magazines like Waterfront but we also make films, newsletters, podcasts, or whatever else we think will be good for our clients. Our great storytelling and eye for good design sets us apart, and we take pride in all of our finished products.
About the role itself - this internship will mainly consist of writing blog posts and creating content for social media to promote Smoke’s work and vision. The blog posts will be a mix of thought leadership articles and more creative pieces that still relate to Smoke but aren’t what you’d typically see on LinkedIn. You’ll also work on other Smoke projects and client work where needed, from pitching in ideas to helping realise them. There will be some admin work too, mostly to do with cataloguing talented people doing interesting things that you and your bosses find.
Speaking of your new bosses, you’ll be working closely with Smoke’s founders (& sisters!) Katrin and Susi. They’re lovely, understanding, and great people to learn from - they’re technically paying me to write this but It’s true. Don’t be afraid to ask them any questions or let them know if you have something you’d like to learn. This internship isn’t about making tea and shadowing; they want you to grow and develop so take every opportunity to do so.
I should probably also tell you about how Smoke operates. Smoke has a core team – which you’ll be joining – and an extended network who work on various projects. The core team works Monday to Friday and usually meets three times a week in Soho. You’ll be working remotely for the rest of the week, so you’ll need to be flexible and self-motivated. It also means you might need to remind people about blog posts that need approval or proofreading, but that’s what emails are for.
If you join Smoke, you’ll be joining a small, collaborative and supportive team who I’ll be back to visit a lot. This internship gave me a chance to be creative, share ideas, and even make amateur stop motion videos (not a required skill). If you think you can fill my size 4 shoes*, apply!
The Previous Intern (a.k.a. Annabelle)
*Smoke is an equal opportunities employer and accepts applicants of all shoe sizes.
- Write Smoke’s blog posts, a mix of thought leadership and creative pieces
- Create content for social media
- Plan and execute blog and social media content plans, using data and feedback to adjust accordingly
- Update the website with new copy, content, and case studies
- Keep a database of creatives and influencers
- Assist with planning various marketing and advertising activities
- Assist with pitches and client work
- Have excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with staff members, our wider network, and attend client meetings
- Fulfil all admin targets within the time-frame
- Schedule own work load
- Help to run ad-hoc reports for the team
- Radical imagination
- Interested in a career in content/the creative industries
- Writing and digital journalism
- Photoshop preferable but not necessary
- £850 - £1,000 a month
- Lots of cups of tea
- Access to House of St Barnabas Members Club
- Room to grow, make the role your own and permanent (for the right person)
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Look forward to meeting you soon!